Wednesday 10 June 2015

Weight loss with a side of cake








Like many of my posts lately I wonder.... Damn, should I even write this? I mean, do I really want people to know.... the real me? Ahhh what the hell right I have already opened Pandora's box with all my other posts. 

I have struggled with weight my whole life. Ugh, who hasn't is my thoughts. If you haven't, let me make you sad and stuff some cheeseburgers down your throat.  Anyways..... My struggle. I have never been a skinny girl but I also have never been obese, however since I gave birth to my two daughters I never lost the weight. When I met my husband I felt I was at a great weight and I was healthy. We became comfortable and someone once told me, when you are comfortable and happy you get fat like cats do. So..... I guess I am a cat because that is exactly what happened. We both gained weight. Not uncontrollable weight but here it was, the result of cuddling on the couch eating whatever we wanted. Then baby number 1 came along.

I gained weight with my first daughter. I would say I gained a good 30lbs. I was never comfortable with this weight gain, although I DESPISE exercising and eating super healthy was never my forte. So the weight stayed with me. I would try to work on it here and there but I never gave it my all to make the real effort. 



Baby number 2 here we come. I maintained my weight with baby number two and did not gain a whole lot more. After my second daughter was born I struggled with post partum depression and if anyone has been through it they will know, you can hardly get up to clean your house let alone work your ass off to get your body back in shape, so the weight, yup, you guessed it, still here, that bastard. 

This past March 2015 I recovered from my depression. I made it out! So now a few months later, I can actually look at losing the weight as I am not in my deep dark hole. Problem is..... I am back where I started. I DESPISE exercising and I love to eat. What to do, what to do? 

I considered Weight Watchers. But I hated being on that counting what you eat. Pain in the ass!!! My husband also hated it (because of course I made him do it with me). I considered the Dukan diet. I can eat a week of pure protein and cut out breads... Ok, who am I kidding. I would be charged with breaking and entering of a Bakery. That was out. . . . 

So I have been thinking about it. What will work for me? I can eat healthy. But its the so many calories in and so many out that I have no idea what they are. The second I think diet, I am already thinking of McDonalds drive thru. Restricting myself doesnt pay off, I have never been one for not being able to do something. If I am not supposed to do it, damn rights im gonna do it. So cutting out bad foods altogether, never works for me. 



So lately I have been really thinking about it seriously, what should I do? What should we do, as a family? I have thought about getting up and doing Yoga before work, but who is kidding who here. Yoga or sleep. I am sorry to the skinny girl begging to come out, sleep has won, yet again. So, there we have it, Yoga will not happen, at least before work. I have yet to even try it when I get home after work with two little girls running around. I am sure they will be climbing all over me as I attempt a plank or downward dog. The thought isnt pleasant that is for sure. 

So something has to give. I decided the other day, you know what, I used to jog before I met my husband. I used to get up at 5:30am to do that. I can do that again (not at 5:30 though, kill me now). So I said, ok, after work we will get the girls ready and us ready and before dinner we will go out to jog. Neither me or my husband was a big fan of this plan. I sure as hell dont want to exercise after I worked a full day. No sir, and with two kids in tow. But, off we went. 

There is a school in the city with a great running track. This is where I used to go. We got there and there was some sort of event going on. They were obviously using the track and we could not go. My mind, being me, instantly switched to, well thats it, we cant go (knowing full well that there are other places, but THIS is the one I wanted to go to) now that it is not an option, jogging....out! This is how quick my mind will change, my will power I think he lost in a fight long ago and never came back cause I havent seen that "will" in years. I turned that vehicle around and I thought, ok... thats it. WE START TOMORROW!!! Where did we end up you ask? At another track? At a field? Anywhere we could walk or jog? 

Nope, my mind was done and made up, we were starting tomorrow. We went for dinner. This is classic me!!!! My poor husband as he has no choice when this mind is made up for it is a fierce one to compete with.  

So.... Will I start tomorrow....? 
Sigh.... I sure hope so. 

I guess if not tomorrow, there is always Monday to start right? ;)









22 comments:

  1. Ah, I have been morbidly obese and then diagnosed with anorexia so I do know a thing about this topic! The word 'diet' should be thrown out of the english language completely because diets = restriction, which are not good for anyone. Change your lifestyle, your mind set and learn to love yourself - that's how you lose weight healthily. Eat foods which are rich in nutrients (meat, fruit, veggies, nuts, oats, quinoa, good fats etc) and you will soon see how much better you FEEL. Sure, don't cut anything out but start looking at takeaways (for example) as foods which are not good for your insides, and why would you want to give your body something which isn't great for you? Your body deserves better right? Don't count calories, just listen to your body and aim for health xx

    Sam // Samantha Betteridge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for this wonderful comment. I sincerely appreciate it :)

      Delete
  2. This is so much like my own weight loss journey that I can't stop laughing. Yep. Sleep always wins. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always say " I will start on Monday " but one Monday a few years ago, I actually did start. I devised a plan that worked like magic for me and if you want I will share it with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love if you shared it with me. Its Monday and I feel like....um next monday?

      Delete
  4. It's a tough one and I'm terrible for making excuses. Small changes in evening meals, portion size and eradicating junk from the house is the only way it works for me.

    #momsterslink

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh the excuses hey. Damn them.

      Thanks so much for reading :) and commenting

      Delete
  5. Losing weight is the hardest thing ever! I'm with you-i DESPISE exercise! ...and that last comic made me laugh! Good luck!!
    #bigfatlinky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is the hardest thing. I thought quitting smoking was. Nope, food. It keeps me coming back ;)

      Delete
  6. I feel your pain! I just don't seem to be able make the time to exercise. I know people will say if you want to do it badly enough, you find the time, but that's the problem I don't really want to do it! I can cope with the healthy eating side though so I suppose that's something! Thank you for linking up to #AnythingGoes :)
    Debbie
    www.myrandommusings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahaha I soooooo dont want to do it either. Anything but right?

      Delete
  7. I love the cartoon! This could be a post of mine, Dieted for over 20 years, still overweight. I would just love to know what it feels like to be slim! Thanks so much for linking up to #TheList x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was slim for only a small fraction of my life. Than I found food again ;) Damn it all. Its Monday.... So I guess I will start..... Next Monday? ;)

      Delete
  8. Dieting is never easy and I definitely know where you're coming from . Personally I love exercise but despite being fit, the foods I eat don't do me any favours but I am now changing that and would definitely advise starting with food because healthy does not have to equal unpleasant!

    Mostly I started cooking from scratch because there are hidden sugars in almost every sauce jar and packet mix that are not doing you any favours. Then I started to cut back a little on carbs. I allow myself to eat them for breakfast and lunch but not for dinner because I don't use the energy that the carbs provide. Some easy ways to remove carbs is to create pasta-free lasagne using aubergibne or courgette as the layers. There are a lot of carb free or carb low rciipes online to find that I am certain your entire family will enjoy.

    But I definitely agree with the first comment. Don't look at it as a diet but a lifestyle change. Once you start eating a bit more healthily, you'll probably notice you have more energy and would actually enjoy some exercise. Have you thought about doing a dance dvd/video/youtube? Or mnaybe Zumba? Something you can do with your children too.

    As a final point, with food it's all about the balance. It is still okay to have cake, chocolate, ice cream if you want it but make sure it is in moderation so that you don't, as you say, end up craving it completely! With this lifestyle change for me, I've lost nearly two stone since February.

    Either way, hope you find something to help soon. Great post. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your wonderful comment. Great ideas. I sincerely appreciate it

      Delete
  9. Hahaha I love all of the graphics. It's so hard to start dieting - that initial effort for the first few weeks is the worst. I am not on a good diet & exercise place at the moment - I am the last cartoon - planning to start next week for the past year lol #AnythingGoes x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol. It is monday today, so I will start..... .Next monday?

      Thank you so much for reading and commenting :)

      Delete
  10. Great post. I was over 4st heavier last year and spent months losing it. It's hard going. To start it gave me a real shock to consider it and that was receiving some massive clothes as a present. Before then it was always I'll start then.... Thanks for linking up with us on the #bigfatlinky hope to see you there this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Martyn for reading and commenting on my post :)

      Delete
  11. I feel just like you do girl! Why start today what can be put off until tomorrow! Thanks for linking up with #momsterslink ...hope to see you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One day. I will start. Its Monday sooo.... Start next monday? ;)

      Delete

Popular Posts