Sunday 16 October 2011

Muktuk....


 
Muktuk is from the skin and blubber of  the narwal whale. Usually eaten raw, it is occasionally finely diced, breaded, deep fried, and served with soy sauce.

Tonight... I decided to eat a piece and blog about it.

Not only was I nervous about trying this, I was scared haha. I held it on my fork for a long time before deciding to just go ahead and do it. The taste, rubbery and tough, and tastes..... like nothing. Thank god!

Why did I try it? For anyone who reads or watches programs of the Inuit/Eskimo people you always see them eating their traditional foods. My father suggested to me "When will you ever get to try it again in your life"?.  My thoughts were, who cares and hopefully never. But upon further thought, I figured, why not?

So there it is. Probably the most grossest looking thing I have ever eaten. Verdict - Not as bad as I thought.

1 comment:

Popular Posts