Thursday 9 July 2015

Weight loss woes Day 1




We did it. We signed back up to Weight Watchers. Not for their celebrity commercials or promise of you can eat what you want. I decided that what I really needed was accountability. Not to myself, obviously that is an epic fail. My Husband and I feed off of one another. If one is weak we pressure the other to do what we want, not that it is all that hard. Twist my rubber arm right?

So stepping on the scale I have a long road ahead of me. But I am ok with it. It is only day 1 anyways right? ;) I have decided that exercise, well.... I am not a fan. I can watch what I eat, being accountable to the Matriarch at the weigh in table.


So I wake up feeling refreshed, I am ready to do this. I have my new blender for smoothies and we are set. I think there is something to be said about first days. They don't always go as planned. I know mine sure didn't. I literally opened this new blender, the last one I burnt the motor out trying to blend carrots. Ya, I know that is what a food processer is for but if you don't have one, you improvise, and..... burn out motors. So anyways, I open this new Ninja blender. Happy as can be I try to put it together. It is not like other blenders, this baby is fancy schmancy. It took me and my mom fumbling around with it to finally get it to work. Lid locked and loaded and I was ready. I didn't put enough milk in and I got a frothy foamy mousse like drink. It wasn't pleasant. I usually love my morning smoothie. I am pretty sure I gagged a little at this one.

With my foamy mousse in my belly, I grabbed a bag of carrots, peas and cottage cheese out of the fridge and some pineapple and I was ready. When lunch time came I opened my bag and looked inside. I thought to myself.... wtf, I didn't even put it in the containers, I just grabbed the whole bag and off I go? Ok, so be it. I wasn't thinking this morning.


I grab my bag of peas first, I open them and they look.....off. I was like, dammit, I wanted these, as I scan the bag for the expiry date. Two weeks off the expiry date. Ok, so we don't clean out our fridge regularly. I open the bag of carrots. They too look a tad old, I try one. It is OK but that is a stretch. So I figure, ok I will open the cottage cheese and I will be ok here. I open that, and after my two vegetable fails I take a sniff. REALLY? This too? So I scan the container for the expiry date. Yup! Expired.

Did I mention that we just went grocery shopping the night before and picked up all new fruit and vegetables? Here I am just happen to be choosing all the expired food in the fridge. Just my luck hey. So I grab my pineapple. I bought the pre cored pineapple from the store. I open it hoping to pull out a slice because I know that at least this is still good. Its not the sliced kind... So I just hack into it all pissed off that this is how my lunch has turned out.

To my great delight I remembered that I bought a frozen pasta and stuck it in the freezer at work and then that day went out for something a little better than a frozen microwavable pasta. I was so happy as I opened that freezer door, nobody had eaten it. We all know how some office people can be. If it is there too long they think its free game. So I happily ate this microwavable meal. Yum!

Coming home I felt like I could eat a dump truck of food. Not only am I watching what I am supposed to eat, everything I could have eaten I brought to work only to throw away. I decided, I am going to make Pesto Pasta with chicken. I am psyched, this is gonna be good. With eating almost nothing for lunch I still had quite a few points for supper so the pesto in moderation wasn't going to be a problem. Checked the cupboard,

pasta - check

chicken - Mother @#$%@#%!!

So maybe we are not the greatest shoppers out there. We forgot to get meat. So.... Here we are on our first day of healthy eating, packing everyone into the car for a restaurant meal. There is however a great place to eat chicken and rice and it will still fall well below any points that you would usually eat, eating out. So although dinner at home turned out to be a bust, it was a darn good dinner and good for us.

I hope to lose some weight this week. Weigh in is Wednesday. I hope you stay with me for my little journey. It can only get better from here right?  ;)



Have you seen my last post, Fuck you, Mental illness? Click here to read it

10 comments:

  1. Ha!! At least you did not give up and buy a bar of chocolate :)
    Looking forward to following your weight loss journey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I am glad you are going to follow along :) Thanks so much for reading and commenting

      Delete
  2. Hey! Hang in there. The first few days of any sort of change are difficult. And you're not the only to forget to buy stuff! Hang in there and think about how your energy level will increase. Your skin will get better. You will kick ass!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isnt the energy the best part! I love that I have this new found energy. A woo hoo

      Delete
  3. Day 1 for me today! Got a bit to lose, and I'm doing it alone :/ Fingers crossed, I want to be slim for christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well congrats to you. I hope you are still going well at it. I am having a few road blocks here and there, hehe, but I will post about that tomorrow ;)

      Delete
  4. I too am looking forward to reading about this. I have been on mine now, 12 weeks diet and 11 weeks exercise and a few weeks ago I am down 24 pounds so I am losing as I should be. I get discouraged because I want it to leave faster, especially my chin, but it will. I have to, due to hyperglycemia. Ugh. pootsnotes.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, I know the feeling. It is never enough pounds to lose. 24 is AWESOME though, I bet you see a difference already. Tomorrow is my next post. Tomorrow is weigh in day. EEEEK

      Delete
  5. The first days are always so hard. And when it comes to exercise I've learned that doing something you like is the best thing to do. Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice Informative Blog having nice sharing..
    fat loss factor

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts