Tuesday 1 November 2011

A break in the communication barrier


Today, for the first time, I my little girl communicated with me through sign language.

My mom was eating a tootsie pop and she let Abby try some. She immediately loved it of course. My mom said that earlier in the day she was sure Abby was doing the sign for more, when she was eating raisins.

I took the Tootsie pop back from her and gave it to my mom. Abby reached for it the second it left her fingers. I said "Abby, more? more? AND.... She did the sign!!!!!! SHE ASKED FOR MORE! We tried it again, and I told her "say please" and I showed her the sign for please. Then asked her to "say please to Grandma" AND SHE DID!

I honestly couldnt be more happy at this moment. Abby mommy is so darn proud of you!

2 comments:

  1. This is AWESOME!!! Your mom taught Mya "more" and I have been tryin gto teach her please but she won't budge. She thinks more and please mean the same thin ghahah. I miss you guys so much already! Ashleah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww how cute is that.

    We miss you too....

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts