My Father had two daughters. My husband and I now have two daughters as well. As Fathers Day is here I sit and reflect on my life with my Father and think about my Husband and his life beginning with his two daughters.
Here are my
20 rules for Daddy's with Daughters
1. When they want to cuddle, open your arms wide. The day will come too soon that she will not want to cuddle with Daddy anymore.
2. When she asks you to read her a book, read her the book. She enjoy's the voices Daddy's do
3. Paint her nails at least once. Toenails too. And let her paint yours
4. Take the time to listen to her. It may be childish dribble but she will grow to know, Daddy always listened
5. Love her mother. She will grow up learning the way to be treated by the way you treat her mother.
6. When she asks you to play, play. They will soon grow and no longer want you to play with them.
7. Show her how to fix something. She will see you as the man who knows everything.
8. Make bathtime fun. Bubbles and laughter she will remember for a lifetime
9. Dance with her. Dance often and dance crazy
10. Tell her she is beautiful every single day.
11. Take her on date nights. Take the time to spend precious moments together. She will remember the times spent with Daddy forever
12. When she has bad dreams and comes to sleep in your bed. Cherish it, it wont last :(
13. Daughters may melt your heart, but remember to say no once and awhile.
14. Encourage her and show her praise. It will enlighten her soul
15. Tell her you love her everyday!
16. Be delicate and understanding when she hits puberty. Awkward and jokes are not the key here.
17. Do not scare away a first boyfriend. If she feels comfortable with you, she will confide in you. If you make her feel nervous, she will never.
18. Her first broken heart... You need number 14 for this.
19. Be real with her. Talk to her, everyday
20. Let her know, wherever she goes, whatever happens, the door to home is always open.