Saturday 6 June 2015

The Mommy Rant









I guess lets get this out of the way first. I love my children. To the core. They are my life, my everything, I would give my life for them. 

In saying that. They drive me fuckin crazy!!! They are 2 and 4, yes such a blissful age. The fights between the two girls have started. Why they have to fight over the stupidest of things I will never know. The mind of a child is a wondrous thing. She took my pony, she pulled my hair, she took my spot she stole my cookie. On and on and on. 

Now I know that having children, this is life. I cannot wait until these little ones are old enough to be a little more self sufficient. Oh I dream of the day. My day pretty much sounds like this


  • MOMMY
  • Can I have milk?
  • I want toast
  • I dont want my cereal
  • MOMMY
  • Can I have your cereal
  • I want more toast (I have finally sat down to eat)
  • Ellie took my toast 
  • MOMMY
  • I want to watch Ponies
  • Some fighting and crying
  • I want a drink
  • MOMMY
  • I need you to wipe my bum
  • Baby brings me her diaper and wipes (At this point I tell her, if you are bringing me this, its time to use the potty!)
  • MOMMY
  • Inaudible crying
  • Im hungry
  • I want to color - Uncaps all the felts.......Im done
  • MOMMY
  • I want to play playdoh - All over the table and floor in little bits.... Im done
  • Read me a book
  • Where is grandma?
  • MOMMY
  • I dont wanna eat dinner
  • Ellie stole my toy
  • Crying
  • MOMMY
  • I dont want to go to bed
  • Crying
  • MOMMY

This my friends is what they should have printed on condom packages. Its a wonder I don't drink. But I do drink coffee. And tons of it!

Being a stay at home mom was never in the cards for me. Its a hard job. Working full time, I can say in all out honesty that being a stay at home mom is harder than going to work everyday. I choose to go to work. I think very highly of the ones who are stay at home moms. When I stay at home on the weekend with these little monsters I am WIPED OUT!!! Going to work is getting a break


I long for the days when wiping of bums is behind me. The days where if you are thirsty you can pour your own drink without pouring it all over the floor. If you are hungry than you can make your own snack. However, I am sure with each age comes new difficulties. 

I love being a mom. But some days I have to rant. Don't we all? It isn't all sunshine and rainbows. We have our days. We have wonderful days. These girls light up my life like no other. But they also turn my hair grey faster than the speed of light. 

How they can destroy a room in two hours is mind boggling to me. I took a nap when my husband came home today. I woke up and it was like a tornado hit the livingroom. I have never been one for clutter, I will never have that china cabinet with all the shit in it, because it looks messy to me. I dont like bookshelves because they look messy to me. I like things in their place and things tidy..... 


My life is no longer a tidy organized place. I live amongst disarray and destruction named Abby and Ellie

Of course I know there will come a day I will miss these days. I will long for my little loud children needing my help and destroying my house. But for now, I deserve my Mommy rant. 

They are little buggers these two.
 But they are my little buggers, and I love em. 


The Little Life of Ickle Pickle

53 comments:

  1. ha ha ha feel your pain! Motherhood is HARD!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, yes it is :)

      Thanks so much for reading and commenting

      Delete
  2. Teehee. I'm with you. I never knew I could feel so tired. It's a good job a mother's love is so all encompassing otherwise I fear we'd become one of those species that ate their young ;-).

    #twinklytuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahaha I laughed alot about this. Thanks so much for reading and commenting

      Delete
  3. My mummy has all that to look forward too! Very funny and very true! #TwinklyTuesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this. From an exhausted stay at home mum! #twinklytuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Way to go on being a stay at home mommy!!! Its tough!

      Delete
  5. Thank you for linking up with us - gorgeous little things - enjoy your rant which is no doubt short lived :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL. Mama always said there'd be days like this... and you are correct, they (the drama) will change through the years. Try to enjoy the moments as they come and don't stop ranting, either. You're human, first. :) #MyFavouritePost

    Cheers :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!! Thanks so much for reading and commenting

      Delete
  7. I have tried commenting twice now...not sure where they are going....let me know if it didn't go through. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Damn, I would have enjoyed your comment, I am sure full of brilliance I would have laughed at. Damn internet

      Delete
  8. Sooo true! They SHOULD put that on the condom box! Your house sounds like my house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. I am glad you agree ;) Thanks so much for reading and commenting

      Delete
  9. Oh my gosh - the fighting is what gets to me. Mine are constantly bickering & bashing on each other!! My oldest is finally old enough to get snacks and drinks for himself and his brother & I have to say it is soooo nice to have that bit of self-sufficiency! :)
    #bestandworst

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I can not wait for the day. It will come. Yes, the fighting. Stop it already dammit! LOL

      Thanks so much for reading and commenting

      Delete
  10. Oh man...those crazy days...I will tell ya my kid is 7 and it is bliss compared to when she was younger. She is self sufficient and my life is easier....but she is also an only child. Meaning she does not have a sibling to fight with....and that she requires more of my attention...give and take. No situation is ever perfect lol Thanks for sharing your struggles. Deff feel ya! #wineandboobs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad that there is some bliss coming ;)

      Thanks so much for reading and commenting

      Delete
  11. Your life sounds like mine although i only have one to deal with. I bloody hate play doh and felt tips!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahaha, I just let it dry out and sweep it up. Damn stuff ;)

      Thanks so much for reading and commenting :)

      Delete
  12. haha! this is just like my day! good to hear I'm no the only one its good to rant every now and then isn't it! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol. I agree. Sometimes it is needed to purge the system ;)

      Thanks so much for reading and commenting :)

      Delete
  13. Ha ha love the pic of you three. Gorgeous. Yep, motherhood is tough but worth it hey? You are doing an amazing job. Thank you for linking to #WellbeingWednesday :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!! They are worth it, they are little monsters sometimes but damn I love them ;)

      Thanks so much for reading and commenting :)

      Delete
  14. Yup this is pretty much my day all over!! I get sick of the sound of my own voice at times! Lovely picture of the 3 of you at the end, lovely post. Thanks for linking up to the #bestandworst and hope to see you again next week! :-)

    Helen X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I hear ya. The amount of times I say no :(

      Thanks so much for reading and commenting :)

      Delete
  15. I'm with you! Motherhood IS hard, and the nagging and mess is the worst of it. Like you, I wouldn't trade my children for the world, but let's just say that my patience is well-exercised. Thanks for linking with #TwinklyTuesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. I am lucky I still have patience ;)

      Thanks so much for reading and commenting :)

      Delete
  16. Hate to say this. It doesn't get any better. My two are 18 months apart and are now 19 and almost 18. I love them dearly and wouldn't give them up for anything but they drive me crazy.

    They still bicker among themselves.

    http://csuhpat1.blogspot.com/2015/06/straiation-by-jamie-treacy-at-betti-ono.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nooo dont say that LOL LOL I needed some hope ;)

      Thanks so much for reading and commenting :)

      Delete
  17. Oh my goodness that snippet there would have driven me BONKERS! #momsterslink

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol. It is almost daily with these two

      Thanks so much for reading and commenting :)

      Delete
  18. Motherhood is definitely hard at time. It's a never ending job but we wouldn't change it for the world but a day off would be nice, in a spa, overnight too haha.

    Thanks for linking up with #linkalist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Overnight FOR SURE!!! hahaha. For mothers day I asked for an afternoon of no kids no husband, just nobody lol. I got it. PURE HEAVEN

      Thanks so much for reading and commenting :)

      Delete
  19. I'm sure you speak on the behalf of many! Thanks for linking up #bigfatlinky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. Thanks so much for reading and commenting :)

      Delete
  20. As rewarding as it is, motherhood is also such hard work! Thank you for linking up to #MyFavouritePost Kaz x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hardest darn job I ever had ;)

      Thanks so much for reading and commenting :)

      Delete
  21. I look forward to Aidan growing up but then I remember things like this and I am terrified haha.
    Thanks for linking up to #linkalist x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so scared for when my little one will talk than there will be two driving me mad. LOL

      Thanks so much for reading and commenting :)

      Delete
  22. Gotta agree with this post. I thought you'd been to my house and taken a picture of my living room for a minute! Thanks for linking up with #MyFavouritePost

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. My house used to be soooo clean. How sad that they destroy it the way they do lol

      Thanks so much for reading and commenting :)

      Delete
  23. Can completely relate here. My two are growing up so fast I don't like to wish it a way but somedays oh boy do I wish it a little older and little more independent. lol Great post. Thank you so much for linking up to Share With Me. Hope to see you again tomorrow for another great round. #sharewithme

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for hosting :)

      Thanks so much for reading and commenting too :)

      Delete
  24. Sometimes we just need that rant to get it all out of our system and then by the end of it we start to feel ok again. I'm like you, I hate, hate, hate clutter! If I go into a house full of ornaments and things on every surface it makes me feel a little claustrophobic, yet when I visit friends with children and their toys are all over, I don't see clutter. I see a house that is fun and happy and full of laughter. I might feel differently if I had to tidy it up each day though lol #showcasetuesday
    Debbie
    www.myrandommusings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I agree with you fully, but I live in the mess so I see clutter with toys. My house is no longer an organized paradise lol

      Thanks so much for reading and commenting :)

      Delete
  25. Fab post, and i totally agree - I chose to work too ;) Thanks for linking up to #TheList xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, it is amazing but it is less stressfull. Kudo's to those who stay at home

      Thanks so much for reading and commenting :)

      Delete
  26. Visiting from #momsterslink today :) I won't leave another lengthy comment.

    ReplyDelete
  27. My place is in a constant state of bomb aftermath. I can't keep up and something has to give so housework it is! So be it, we are clean, feed and generally happy! Sisters in Mess - a new club for us! Mel xx

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts