Thursday, 14 May 2015

Pinterest DIY

I am not sure if there is one person who hasn't seen or heard of Pinterest. Those who know it well have spent many nights up too late pinning like zombies. I included. I have spent my fair share on this site creating boards and pinning ideas for recipes, crafts, home improvement. After much pinning I decided to make a few things on this wondrous site. I started with one. 

The crayon picture. You glue your crayons on and use heat to melt the crayons. This is it




The second craft I decided to try was the scrabble picture. I hunted down scrabble games in the second hand stores and I went to work.




This I saw on Pinterest and loved the idea, so I made this for my first born baby.



Me and my friend made the wording together. This is another idea from Pinterest, however I have yet to get the proper baby pictures in the frames as of yet. The clocks are set to their birth times. 



I saw an idea about making a chalkboard out of an old frame. I scoured the second hand stores for the perfect frames. I found them! They came in a pair, they were a Chinese painting under the glass. I spray painted chalkboard paint on the glass and here is my chalkboard. I gave the other way. 



A lot of pins tell you about taking your own photographs and framing them if you get the right shot. Since we were to be in Italy I figured, not only am I going to take pictures to remember, I am going to try to find the perfect shot for some pictures in my house. I think they turned out damn good. There is reflection in some of the pictures but these are the pictures I took in Venice, Italy. 





I haven't made anything lately, I would however like to try this for my children's artwork. Since there is always an abundance of it around here. 
Scan the artwork in and shrink it to fit a bunch in a frame. 
Love it!

Follow me on pinterest




HAVE YOU SEEN MY PREVIOUS POST? CLICK HERE







6 comments:

  1. Really like you ideas! Came over from Domestic Momster's Friday's Top 5.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I love to craft, just not so much time now that I have kids :)

      Thanks so much for stopping by. I would love if you stuck around to read some more and followed me :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, these are great. I'm more of a Pinterest fail kind of girl. I often think about making some of this lovely stuff but that's usually as far as I get.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a baking fail kind of person ;) Here is a post about that if you fancy a laugh. http://abigaildaybyday.blogspot.ca/2015/05/a-hot-mess.html

      Thanks so much for stopping by. I would love if you stuck around to read some more and followed me :)

      Delete
  3. These are brilliant - I particularly like the chalkboard one! Pinterest is one of those sites I keep planning on joining but never get around to doing.
    Debbie
    www.myrandommusings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe ME TOO. I love to post but few and far between ever get done.

      Thanks so much for stopping by. I would love if you stuck around to read some more and followed me :)

      Delete

Follow by Email

Popular Posts